WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
In order to use our Site and Service, you must provide certain personal information necessary for the transaction, such as name, address, birthday, telephone number, credit card number, email address, and similar registration information. You must also create a username and password in order to access and use the Service.. In addition, We may collect the following information voluntarily provided by you during your interaction with the Site and/or our Service:
– Billing information that you provide us, such as credit card information including card number, corresponding security code, card expiration date, cardholder name and billing and shipping addresses. We collect, but do not store your credit card or payment information in any usable form, other than for authorization purposes. We may collect information about your purchases or other activities on and through the Service, and associate it with your AskVetMD account; and
– Your comments, reviews, tags, ratings, pictures, videos and any other information or content you choose to share through the Service. This content may be displayed on the Service and may be viewable by other users of the Service.
We. along with our third-party service partners, vendors and business partners may also collect information automatically when you use the Service by:
– Tracking of some of the actions you take on the Website, such as the content of searches you perform on the Website.
– When you access the Service from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times.
– We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies to make the Service easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and AskVetMD.
– Certain features of the Service use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Service can connect you to a provider who is licensed or authorized to provide services in the state where you are located.
– We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device or computer. This information is generally used to deliver the most relevant information to you (for example, how you use the application(s), and information about the type of device or computer you use, fixing bugs and otherwise improving the performance of the Service).
Please note that We do not knowingly store, collect or maintain user information for persons under the age of eighteen (18) years of age. If it comes to our attention that We have inadvertently received information from a person under eighteen (18) years of age through the Site, We will delete that information from our records.
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS, AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
• Your presentation preferences (for example, contrast, color, or font size).
• If you have already responded to a pop-up questionnaire about the usefulness of a particular content (not to ask you to do so again).
Although cookies are not essential for the Site to work, if you enable them you will enjoy a better browsing experience. You can delete or block cookies, but if you do, some of the features on this Site may not work properly. The information associated with cookies is not used to personally identify the user. In addition, We fully maintain data on their navigation patterns. These cookies are used exclusively for the purposes indicated here. You can control or delete cookies whenever you want. For more information, see http://www.aboutcookies.org. In addition to being able to remove all cookies already on your computer, you can also configure most browsers to stop accepting them. But keep in mind that if you reject cookies, you may have to manually reconfigure your preferences each time you visit a site and that certain features and services cease to function.
Web beacons are used to improve your experience on our Service. A web beacon may be a single-pixel (1×1) or clear GIF. Web beacons recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date when a website has been visited, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed.
The Site or Service also may include third party web beacons or software on other devices (such as smartphones, connected TVs, tablets and so on) that will provide similar capabilities to web beacons. These web beacons or similar technologies allow third party service providers to collect certain information such as your IP address, your browser type, and the web page that you visited before arriving at and after leaving our Service. These service providers process the information they collect to audit, research, and report information about the Service and advertisements viewed on the Site.
HOW IS THIS INFORMATION USED?
The main purpose of accessing and using your information is to provide you with a great experience. Your information is collected and stored to provide access to the Service and to provide you with requested services and customer support and to process and respond to your inquiries. We also may use the collected information for the following purposes:
– Personalize, customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising and otherwise to enhance your experience with the Service;
– Contact you with information, including promotional, marketing and advertising information and recommendations that we believe may be of interest to you;
– Generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
Improve the quality of Service through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities;
– Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the Terms;
– Compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes and create aggregate statistics and reports relating to the use of the Service;
– Notify you when Service updates are available;
– Market and promote the Websites and the Service, and analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Service;
– Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
– Provide you with other services requested by you as described when we collect the information;
This information also helps us measure the performance of our Services allowing us to continually improve. The information provided can also help us in the detection of fraud, abuse and other behavior.
We may use your information for internal purposes related to research and development; to make business decisions; or to improve or develop our service and / or products. In addition, your information could be used to generate statistical reports or analysis.
DISCLOSURE OR SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your information if a government agent or law enforcement agent makes an application, as long as it complies with applicable law.
We may transfer, assign, rent or sell your information to third parties in connection with events outside our ordinary business practices, including, without limitation, the sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer or sale of assets, reorganization or liquidation.
We may share or disclose your information to our affiliates and / or those entities or persons with whom We have entered into agreements to (i) perform functions or services relating to the operation, administration and maintenance of the Site (including but not limited to service providers for web hosting, programming or applications); (ii) the processing of collections and payments of transactions made through the Site; (iii) the processing, handling and delivery the Services in the Site; and / or (iv) provide or submit information about the Site, the services and products of AVMD or its affiliates, services and products of third parties, and / or information for which you have indicated interest.
We may share or disclose your information with our affiliates and / or third parties who may collect and / or use your information to provide or send you, via any means or method (including, without limitation, email, telemarketing, “push notifications” (i) information about products and / or services for which you have shown interest, (ii) information about the products and services of third parties, (iii) marketing information, (iv) newsletters, (v) services or personalized content, and / or (vi) targeted advertising and / or content.
We may offer services, products or promotions together with our affiliates or third parties on or through the Site. In such cases, We may share or disclose your information collected in connection with such services, products or joint promotions to the affiliate or third party with which such service, product or promotion is performed.
Information shared with affiliates or third parties will be subject to their privacy policies
We may share or disclose your information in aggregate form with third parties that you engage to allow viewing and arrangement of online advertising of our services or products on third party sites, pages or websites. These third parties include: advertising networks, advertising platforms, agencies, data analysis and social media service providers, among others. We reserve the right to disclose or share information in aggregate form that does not identify any particular user with third parties for purposes of marketing analysis.
To the extent permitted by law, we may share your information with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other user of the Service to legal liability, or to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk. We may also share your information in response to court orders, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory requests, and we may provide access to your information to our legal counsel and other consultants in connection with actual or potential litigation. We may also share your information with third parties when we forward Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) infringement notifications and counter- notifications as described in the Terms. DMCA infringement notifications and counter-o notifications (including any personal information included as part of the notifications) will be forwarded as submitted to us without any deletions.
Your information may be disclosed to third parties in unforeseeable situations or situations that are not preventable even when commercially reasonable protections are employed, such as in the case that AskVetMD or the Service is subject to a hacking or other attack.
We will not share credit card information which you have given us with any of our third-party marketing partner(s). In addition, if you would like us to stop providing your information to our third-party marketing partners, you may opt-out by emailing us at contact@AskVetMD.com.
ACCESS TO THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
Third parties may collect information about their activities online at different sites or web pages.
We may contract with third parties in matters related to the operation, development and maintenance of the Site (such as banners, web hosting, applications, among others), including topics related to the exhibition and layout of online advertising. These third parties may access, collect and / or use your information through their own cookies, web beacons, local storage technology or other technology to keep track of the number of users accessing the Site and / or to identify advertising insertions more suitable for their interests, preferences and activities.
AVMD and its affiliates are not responsible, nor control or sponsor the webpages, applications, sites and / or third-party websites that can be accessed through the links that appear in the Site. Therefore, these third parties are solely responsible for the collection, administration and / or disclosure of any information you provide on or through such platforms, pages, applications, sites and / or third-party websites. AVMD and its affiliates do not guarantee that such third-party platforms, pages, applications, sites and/or portals protect the information they obtain from their users. These other websites, sites and/or portals may have their own privacy policies and information collection policies, which they must examine before providing any information to them.
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNS
We may track your online behavior by using technology to increase the effectiveness of the ads or content provided on the Website or on the channels. Examples of online behavior that can be traced include response to promotions or advertisements, websites being visited, and content accessed.
Currently, some browsers offer their users the option of selecting the “do-not-track” option in their configuration. These browsers, in turn, transmit signals to the websites with which the browser communicates. To the extent that there is no uniformity in the industry with respect to the use of this type of technology, for the moment We will not assign value or meaning to “do-not-track” signals and We will not respond to them.
CONTROL OF INFORMATION
We can offer mechanisms that will allow you to correct or eliminate the information you have provided. You must access, correct or delete the information that you provide as part of your registration through the mechanisms available on the Site. If you wish to delete the information that has been collected, you can do so by sending an email to info@AskVetMD.com.
Due to California’s privacy regulation and legislation, AVMD is not available to residents in the state of California for the time being.
If you do not wish to receive emails with commercial messages, you can do so using the mechanism provided in the emails with commercial messages sent by us (located at the end of each message) to request that no more messages be sent to you. If you have any inconvenience in using the mechanisms offered by us to request that you no longer receive emails with commercial messages, you can send an email to indicating the commercial message(s) you do not want to receive.
There will be short survey after the chat . Please share your experience about your experience with us.
We cherish your feedback and its helps to keep us motivated.